What is Caravan?
Caravan is an international youth and social circus network of 35 circus schools from across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia, that advocates for the positive impact of youth and social circus. The network was established in 2008 by 6 European circus schools, with a common goal to use social circus as an educational tool and to dedicate this work to groups from disadvantaged backgrounds with specific needs.
We are a non-profit organisation that is committed to developing the sector and empowering our members and their participants. Our members are closely connected, and these links have been created through our projects: Youth festivals and exchanges, training for trainers programmes, capacity building, volunteer exchange, production of research, seminars and gathering of resources.
Download our 2019 annual report here !
To use circus arts to create positive personal, community and social change.
- To advocate for the positive impact of youth and social circus
- To develop innovative pedagogical approaches for youth and social circus
- To promote, through international co-operation, the sustainable development of organisations working in the field of social circus
- To maximise opportunities and pathways for people engaged in youth and social circus to connect across Europe and beyond
- To professionalise pedagogic, social, artistic and administrative skills of the sector
In 2018, through a three-year operating grant, Caravan was official recognized by the European Commission through the Education, Audiovisual & Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) as a “body active” at European level in the field of youth in the framework of the by Erasmus+ programme. This official recognition by the European commission rewards the important work and involvement of Caravan and its members for the benefit of the young people in Europe.