WHAT IS CARAVAN?
The international non-profit association « CARAVAN » gathers 25 youth and social circus schools located in 20 different countries from all parts of the world.
Its objective is to promote circus practices in youth education throughout Europe and to favour their development, through concrete actions such as youth exchanges and training for trainers.
It is recognised as a “body active” at European level in the field of youth by Erasmus+, the EU programme for Education, Training, Youth, and Sport.
To use Circus Arts to create positive personal, community and social change.
- To advocate for the positive impact of youth and social circus
- To develop innovative pedagogical approaches for youth and social circus
- To promote, through international co-operation, the sustainable development of organisations working in the field of social circus
- To maximise opportunities and pathways for people engaged in youth and social circus to connect across Europe and beyond
- Professionalize pedagogic, social, artistic and administrative skills of the sector
To this end, CARAVAN determines to
- Organise intercultural exchanges to promote personal development, citizenship and circus creativity of young people
- Organise vocational educational programmes for trainers, artists and managers in the field of youth and social circus
- Support hosting and sending of volunteers on international level
- Develop agreed accreditation in the field of youth and social circus
- Evaluate and disseminate evidence of the impacts of social circus and promote best practice
- Operate on local, national and international level
- Promote the inclusion of circus arts in formal and non-formal education