A research on Youth and Social Circus Pedagogy
“Circus+” is a European research project financially supported by the European Commission under the Erasmus+ programme. It takes place from September 2014 to September 2016.
6 circus organisations, 2 universities (Finland and Ireland) and 1 higher school (Belgium) along with « Caravan » are working together from September 2014 to September 2016 in order to:
- Analyse the educational offer in youth and social circus in each partner country and analyse the needs of this sector.
- Create a European framework of competences laying down the foundations for a European long term training programme meeting the needs and opportunities offered by the European labor market.
The result of this project will be presented in July 2016 in Belgium during European seminar.
The partnership of CIRCUS+:
- Ecole de Cirque de Bruxelles (Brussels, Belgium)
- Sorin Sirkus (Tampere, Finland)
- Galway Community Circus (Galway, Ireland)
- Belfast Community Circus School (Belfast, UK)
- Cirkus Cirkör (Stockholm, Sweden)
- Le Plus Petit Cirque du Monde (Paris/Bagneux, France)
- Haute Ecole Léonard de Vinci (Brussels, Belgium)
- University of Tampere (Tampere, Finland)
- University of Limerick (Limerick, Ireland)
- Caravan (Europe)
For more information on the project, please click here
Pour la version en français de la présentation du projet, cliquez ici
Results of Circus+
13 – 14 April 2016 – Steering Committee meeting – Stockholm, Sweden
2 – 4 February 2016 – Steering Committee meeting – Bagneux, France
13 – 15 November 2015 – Steering Committee meeting – Belfast, United Kingdom
From October 2014 to April 2015 –
Analysis of the educational offer in the Youth and Social circus field
Each CIRCUS+ partner is analyzing the educational offer in the field of Youth and Social Circus in his own country. The methodology is based on 3 different questionnaires targeting specific public. The questionnaires’ responses will be analyzed by the Research coordinator team in Belgium. The aim is to highlight the needs of the market and to create a list of professions using circus arts. This will guide us to the selection of the most appropriate and needed professions in the Youth and Social Circus sector, which will be the basis for the development of a framework of competences.
9 to 10 April 2015 – Steering Committee Meeting – Tampere, Finland
The CIRCUS+ partners will meet during 2 days hosted by Sorin Sirkus in Tampere. They will evaluate the 1st part of the project and analyse the responses of the questionnaires. This meeting is an important step towards the creation of the framework of competences of the most adequate and necessary youth and social circus professional profile.
6 – 7 October, Galway – Kick-off meeting of CIRCUS+: Research on Youth and Social Circus Pedagogy
After Circus Trans Formation, please welcome CIRCUS+ !
CIRCUS+ is a European research financially supported by the European Commission under the Erasmus+ programme. This project aims at analysing the educational offer in 6 Caravan countries in the field of Youth and Social Circus and create a European framework of competences for a specific Youth and Social profession. CIRCUS+ will lay down the foundations for the development of a European long term training programme meeting the needs and opportunities offered by the market. The results of the project will be presented during a seminar from 29 and 30 June 2016 in Brussels.