Circus Trans Formation
- The magazine “Imagine demain le monde” published an article on Circus Transformation in Action and on social circus in its September/October 2016 issue. Through their presence in the seminar hold in June 2016, the article highlights the research and project coordinated by Caravan in cooperation with all the partners.
- On 28 September 2013, the National French newspaper, Le Monde, wrote an article on the Caravan Seminar “Circus, Inclusion and Citizenship”.(French)
- On 24 September 2013, the Mag of the Region Ile-de-France published an article on the Caravan Seminar “Circus, Inclusion and Citizenship. (French)
Palestinian Circus School
– September/October 2016 : Nonviolence within the circus ring – CCFD Magazine (Hunger and Development)
This article introduces the Palestinian Circus School, from its origins created by Shadi Zmorrod to the development of the circus school and the establishment of circus classes within the refugee camps of the West Bank. Using circus arts in order to develop self-confidence and to show the children that there are other ways to throw messages than throwing stones, these are the core values of the circus.
Summary of the article : In Russia children with special needs still use to stay in the background. The government has no decision for them despite
special closed boarding schools or staying at home. However there are few alternatives offered by non-governmental organizations. 5 years ago Upsala-Circus, a non-for-profit organization from St. Petersbur
g has started working with Down syndrome children and then released the first performance “Bonifatius” with them. It became a perfect basis for a new social project – a creative center “PAKITAN” for children with special needs. The mission of the project is to help children with Down syndrome in social adaptation and communication with other people. Alexandrina Ionova (head of the project), Nataliya Kashina (trainer), Olga Chulkova (one of the parents) comment on the opening of the “PAKITAN” centre and discuss the wider possibilities for the children within the project.
Ateneu Popular 9Barris, Barcelona
- Pedagogía, arte y lucha en el Ateneu Popular 9 Barris (Pedagogy, art and struggle with Ateneu Popular 9 Barris). This article explains how Ateneu Popular 9 barris, thanks to its presence within the neighborhood for over 40 years as well as its use of pedagogy as a tool for social transformation is an essential actor in its local territory, in Barcelona.
- Antonio Alcantara’s article on social circus published on the quaterly circus arts magazine, Zirkolika (in Catalan – June 2012)
Ecole de Cirque de Bruxelles, Bruxelles
Le Plus Petit Cirque du Monde, Bagneux/Paris
In the framework of the 2011 European Year of volunteering, Le Plus Petit Cirque du Monde was awarded by the European Commission for its activities regarding the European Voluntary Service.
You can find the video report made by Alana Kakoyiannis under the European Commission initiative.