Join the Caravan Circus Network team
Communication and Project Coordinator required
Caravan International Youth and Social Circus Network seeks an exceptionnal individual to coordinate the internal and external communications of the network and contribute to its development.
WHO WE ARE
The international non-profit association « CARAVAN » was officially founded in October 2008 with 6 European youth and social circus organisations. In 2018, Caravan gathers 28 members from 24 countries. Out of the 28 organisations, 20 are European with other members hailing from all over the world. Together, they share the common objective to promote circus practices in youth education and to encourage the development of the youth and social circus sector through concrete actions such as youth exchanges, training for trainers’ programmes and research projects.
All through the years, Caravan has gained knowledge in the field of Youth and Social Circus, not only thanks to its concrete activities but also thanks to the research carried out in the framework of the Erasmus+ programme. Caravan research projects aim to professionalise the sector by creating the first third level education for youth and social circus teachers.
Caravan members work in their local and national contexts and work together on the international level. They use circus arts to invent new possibilities for the social and professional inclusion of people with fewer opportunities. With this in mind, the network supports its members in advocating for the positive benefits of youth and social circus. International advocacy helps the members to gain recognition and support within their own local context and with local authorities.
Caravan Head Office is based at the circus school of Le Plus Petit Cirque du Monde in Bagneux, France.
For more information, please visit : www.caravancircusnetwork.eu and https://www.facebook.com/caravan.circus
Key purpose of the role
We are seeking a Communication and Project Coordinator to support the development of the network during a time of growth and expansion. He/She is a key member of the small Caravan team of two people, working closely together and reporting to the Development Manager.
This position has two core functions:
1) The Communication and Project Coordinator will be responsible for the external and internal communications of the Network. He/She will communicate the strategy, activities and impact of the network to the outside world (press, stakeholders, decision-makers, influencers, funders) by promoting Caravan projects and the actions of its members. He/she will also ensure a dynamic collaborative network by sharing information to and between members and enabling exchange and collaboration among the membership.
2) The Communication and Project Coordinator will proactively contribute to the development of new projects in the field of Youth and Social Circus and manage a variety of international mobility projects thus contributing directly to the development of Caravan.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We expect the Communication and Project Coordinator to
Ensure excellent internal and external communications by:
- Promoting activities and impact of Caravan members
- Managing and developing Caravan website and digital communication platforms to ensure efficient and effective communications with partners and stakeholders
- Designing Caravan marketing materials for external distribution (press, stakeholders, decision-makers)
- Writing, editing and distributing Caravan quarterly newsletters
- Developing an internal communication strategy to ensure strong links between the members
- Creating video materials to promote Caravan projects
- Developing and nurturing excellent relationships with member organisations, partners and funders
- Representing the organization within appropriate events and networks
Participate in the development of new projects in the field of Youth and Social Circus by:
- Writing regional and European funding applications (mainly Erasmus+)
- Coordinating international mobility projects
- Together with the Development Manager and Caravan board, organising General Meetings of the Network and other international events (European seminars, training for trainers, youth exchanges,…)
KEY ATTRIBUTES AND ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE
- A dynamic and resourceful person with at least 2 years’ experience in a communication role, preferably in the non-profit sector
- Native English speaker or very high level of fluency in English
- Strong experience in developing and managing projects
- Excellent communication and partnership-building skills
- Good knowledge and significant experience in social media and various digital tools, as well as Pack office and Pack Adobe (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Excellent coordination skills, including a strong ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Speaking and writing French is highly desirable – any other languages are welcome
- Graphic design skills
- Knowledge of the International circus or cultural sector
This is a one-year part-time contract expected to start on Monday 20th August 2018. Hours are 20 hours per week and can be flexible to suit the employee. The position is based in Le Plus Petit Cirque du Monde. Normally weekend work is not required except during Caravan events. Overtime will be compensated in time off in lieu.
Monthly salary is 1200€ net. Compensation: 50% of the monthly transportation pass
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please send your CV (max. two pages) and cover letter (max. one page) to Ophélie Mercier: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Friday 29th June. Interviews for suitable candidates will be held on Monday 9th July in Paris. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.